|"The Price You Pay"|
|"Dallas (second series)" episode|
| Season 1, Episode 3 |
# 3 overall in series (40 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Debbie M. Crabb|
|Production code:||1-3 / 2M5802|
|Original airdate||U.S. Airdate: June 20, 2012|
|IMDB||The Price You Pay|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Hedging Your Bets"||"The Last Hurrah"|
|List of "Dallas" seasons & episodes (original series)|
|List of "Dallas" seasons & episodes (2012 TV series)|
Just as John Ross sets out to claim his birthright and make his father proud, J.R. decides to move back to Southfork, much to Ann's dismay. Bitter Ewing family enemy Cliff Barnes returns and tries to reconnect with his nephew, Christopher. A startling family announcement offers an opportunity to heal old wounds.
Although J.R. found out John Ross's attempt to cheat even him, he's proud of his fearlessly scheming son, apologizes for having been such a lousy, absent father and takes charge of the knave's plan to take over Southfork. To this end J.R. suggests how to blackmail greedy lawyer Mitch Lobell and pretends his recovery requires moving to the family estate, which Anne insists Bobby must allow. Christopher is deeply hurt that his father didn't even confide in him about his cancer and walks out indignant about such lack of faith. Still Chris turns down Cliff Barnes's offer to finance his alternative gas drilling technique, which he believes to have solved, on account of the feud. Tommy presses Rebecca to install spy software in Christopher's laptop, but she can't bring herself to betray her unsuspecting husband.
Linda Gray does not appear in this episode.
Features the return of Ewing rival from the original show, Cliff Barnes.
- Larry Hagman as J.R. Ewing
- Patrick Duffy as Bobby Ewing
- Linda Gray as Sue Ellen Ewing (credit only)
- Jesse Metcalfe as Christopher Ewing
- Josh Henderson as John Ross Ewing III
- Jordana Brewster as Elena Ramos
- Julie Gonzalo as Rebecca Sutter
- Brenda Strong as Ann Ewing
- Ken Kercheval as Cliff Barnes
- Leonor Varela as [[Marta Del Sol]'
- Callard Harris as Tommy Sutter
- Faran Tahir as "Smiling" Frank
- John McIntosh as Doctor Bennett
- Also guest starring
- Debbie M. Crabb as Business Woman (uncredited)
- Dawn Ezelle as Omni Hotel Restaurant Patron (uncredited)
- Cesar Marquez as Venezuelan Business Man (uncredited)
- Kara Rainer as Rich Matron (uncredited)
- Trey Suire as Suite Guest (uncredited)
- Bobby T as Narcotics Anonymous Lawyer (uncredited)
- Gary Teague as Narcotics Anonymous Attendee (uncredited)
- Chip Wood as Barber (uncredited)